14.10.10

Slate Restaurant Bar & Billiards - Flatiron, New York

5 stars out of 5

Reviewed by Maritess Z. of Seattle, WA

I hate to admit it, but I love it here. On paper, this goes completely against my aesthetic. It is very corporate, boring dance music, boring corporate type crowd, overpriced food and pool table prices, predictable hip in a corporate way scene, dark, loud music, lots of button downs and trying too hard types, no sense of fashion, just...predictable.

I love it, and that's why I LOVE doing corporate magic. I'm with Malcom Gladwell, "I love the rarefied air of the corporate world"


 Sigh. So true.

I love playing pool, it's one of my favorite things to do, and it's nice to do it in a non-smoky place with young people who are not looking to hustle, they're there just to have a silly good time wtih the ping pong tables and sloppy pool games. I don't mind the boring atmosphere, sometimes...I like boring people, they balance my crazy side out.

Was here practicing my game for a charity event. I was feeling very pampered when they brought the HUGE tiered plate of appetzers to our table. It was actually some of the most bland apps I've had in my life, and the waitress was mostly MIA, but I have to say that I still had an amazing time. I'm so accustomed to dingy pool halls that this one was such a nice change, I'm still in shock.  I"ve been here before, years ago drunk out of my mind after a date and didn't have such a good time, but when you're playing pool for business, aka a charity event, and you need to just hunker down and practice, it was good times.


54 W 21st St
(between 5th Ave & Broadway)
New York, NY 10010
Neighborhood: Flatiron
(212) 989-0096
 
   
 
 
 
  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment