22.10.10

Gary Danko - San Francisco, CA

5 out of 5 stars 


Reviewed by Angela L. of San Mateo, CA

amuse bouche - carrot and ginger soup with lobster
Gary Danko, now whoever came up with that name is an absolute genius.  I can honestly say that whenever i am taken or surprised to come here for dinner, i get chills coming down my spine, flushed and ooo so many things I care not to express..

Gary Danko is one of those place that you just have to appreciate their superb ambience, services and the food.  Gary Danko is not just a high reputable and pricey restaurant but it is a dining experience.  From the moment you enter into Gary Danko, it is a world that is far beyond your wildest imagination in regards to eating and dining.  The ensemble casts of hosts and waiters make Gary Danko what it is today.
tenderloin bison with spaetzle and king trumpet…
They are so warm and friendly and their impeccable services are to be reckon.  My bf took me for my surprised birthday celebration here.  The best gift of all is no other than......Gary Danko.  I decided as usual to go with the 3 course meals in anyway and form i like.  I decided to go with the two appetizers which were the crab corn soup along with the crab salad.  The crab corn soup is so heavenly and smooth with the right taste to perfection.  The crab salad is my favorite here at Gary Danko and never cease to disappoint.  And lastly my main entree is the Quailed stuff with foie gras and mushroom.  It just melts in your mouth.  It is oooo sooo good.  And to pair it up with a German Reisling just complete this 5 stars meal.

Not to mentioned, their cheese selections are highly recommended along with the raspberry souffle.  It is just so good that you just feel like you died and gone to dessert Gary Danko heaven.  I am always taken back how they make your evening and especially on a day like a birthday even more special, by just a small gesture of just appreciating that you came to dine with them.  Lastly, they always give you a handful of differents small types of dessert nipplers to sample.  They are always so small but yet so good.  And as a small token of their appreciation before you leave, a small bake good wrapped neatly in a foil Gary Danko to take home.
herb crusted loin of lamb with polenta

Now I say WoW!  Gary Danko is not just a restaurant, it is a dining experience that I will forever appreciate and will continue to make it my favorite restaurant to go to in all occasions.

800 N Point St
San Francisco, CA 94109
Neighborhood: Fisherman's Wharf
(415) 749-2060
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment