14.10.10

Roy's Restaurant - Downtown Los Angeles, CA

5 stars out of 5 stars

Review by Angie H. from Los Angeles, CA

I came here for a banquet at the end of last school year, and though it was kinda pricey, I can legitimately say that Roy's served me the best steak I've EVER had.
Then again, I don't really eat steak much, so my steak preference probably isn't toooo trustworthy, especially since I tend not to eat any beef that looks even remotely raw. My friends talked me into ordering medium rare, though, and it came PERFECTLY done. It was firm but not tough, and the portion was generous. I practically inhaled my entree, and I can say pretty confidently that I've never enjoyed ingesting a slab of meat so much in my life.

Our banquet also came with a salad (... it's a salad. not too much to say except that the dressing was interesting, and yummy) and a dessert sampler.

Sunrise at Haleakala and Lakanilau Roll
Oh. my. gosh. the desserts. We had a peanut butter tart, a creme puff, and brownie squares, all in miniature proportions. The plating was so gorgeous I almost couldn't eat it, but then I realized that I was craving some post-dinner sweets. And then my plate was empty.

I couldn't decide which of the treats were my favorite, but I loved them ALL. The cream puff wasn't soggy or stale at all, and the filling was a bit heavier than typical cream puffs (but still amazing!). the peanut butter tart was a bit TOO much like eating solid peanut butter... but I like solid peanut butter, so I enjoyed that too. The brownie squares were... brownie squares.
Hot Chocolate Souffle

If Roy's weren't so expensive (for the budget of a broke college student) , I'd be here at least once a month. But since that's completely implausible, I'm happy with saying that, next major celebration where someone else is paying for my meal, I'm definitely going suggest holding the dinner at Roy's :D

800 S Figueroa St
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Neighborhood: Downtown
(213) 488-4994

No comments:

Post a Comment